>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer!

Kiss Me is a song recorded by American pop rock band Sixpence None The Richer from their
1997 self-titled album. It was released in 1998 and became a world wide success.

We take a look at the chords in the key of C (Capo III) and the progression. Most of all we
break down the strumming, which gives the song it’s signature sound, thoroughly.

Anyone who is struggling with double strumming in general is encouraged to check it out,
since it carries over into many other songs.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 pm

TGNess,

Cute song and play through.

I know the song but didn’t know the band’s name. :) Another new band for the library. Good one. ;)

Love your work.

Shel

LisaC

Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Yes, a really cute song. I remember it well. I can't help but smile when i hear it! Thanks so much, I plan to get started with it later this week!

Lisa

TGNesh

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:25 am

Great to hear from you ladies! :cheer:

Michele: Admittedly, I didn't know the bands name either. :dry: :laugh: Just one of those songs you hear a lot on the radio at the time, and i actually did now too. So I took it from there.

It has some cool double time strumming, i sure like that about the song. I'm glad you dig the play through. I almost didn't record it, since i didn't feel i could sing it. Just not familiar enough with the lyrics and melody throughout the verses. Tried it afterall, and it came out well...at least decent enough, haha! :S :laugh:

Many thanks dear Shel! xo

Lisa: I can totally hear you play/sing this one Lisa, right up your sleeve! The song makes me smile too, it just has this feel to it. So have you started already? How is it going?

Thanks for tuning in Lisa, I always appreciate the feedback on my song choices. I have a few coming up which you might like as well. We'll see. :) :)

TGNess B)

LisaC

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Yes, I have gotten started. I can see playing it a camp next year, it's great. (And only two short verses!) I really appreciate the time you spent on some of the details, like the stunning/timing for the last couple of measures of the chorus. Other parts, too. I found the strumming not too difficult but coordinating the singing is taking some practice. Thanks again!

Lisa

LisaC

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi Vanessa,

I actually spoke too soon when I said I was not having trouble with the strumming but it is a great skill that I want to learn. Your play-though is really great and the best way for me to learn the particular feel of the strumming.

Your guitar sounds fantastic, too. So bright and clear! Looks like a Taylor and for some reason I forgot you had one. What make/series it that?

Lisa

TGNesh

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:36 am

Hey Lisa, great to hear from you again!

Good for you trying to get the strumming down. As i mentioned, it has such a major carry over to so many other songs. And I'm really glad that the play through is helpful too!

The Taylor, actually i bought it the very same day that i recorded Anna Nalick's 'Breathe (2 AM)' (your request). That was the first lesson in which it appeared. It's a great strumming guitar! Booming bass, and still bright and clear as you put it. Actually i need to be careful strumming it, it can get pretty loud. :laugh: It's a Taylor 810 CE. Great addition to my Goodall, which is more of a fingerpicking guitar.

Thanks for the update Lisa, it's always nice to hear from you. :) Keep strumming!

Ness

LisaC wrote:
Hi Vanessa,

I actually spoke too soon when I said I was not having trouble with the strumming but it is a great skill that I want to learn. Your play-though is really great and the best way for me to learn the particular feel of the strumming.

Your guitar sounds fantastic, too. So bright and clear! Looks like a Taylor and for some reason I forgot you had one. What make/series it that?

Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic