>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - These Arms Of Mine by Otis Redding

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET
and Pay Per Lesson release is on These Arms Of Mine by Otis Redding!

These Arms Of Mine is a song written by American singer-songwriter Otis Redding. It was
released in 1962 and became his first successful single. In later and recent years, it was also
included on several soundtracks, such as The Boat That Rocked, Perfect Stranger, Road House
and most prominently in Dirty Dancing.

The song features only three chords (the I, IV and V) in the key of A, where the guitar is capoed
on the first fret. It’s in 6/8 and one could easily flatpick or fingerpick and even strum through it.

This lesson teaches the arrangement in both standard as well as Dropped D-Tuning, where the
bottom string is tuned down a whole step to D. The latter works much better in order to dress
it up a bit by including a few ascending and descending basslines.

The chorus starts with a very distinctive ascending riff, which is in my opinion a must to incorporate.
So even though there are only three chords in the song, it does move from an A5 to Aaug to A6 to A7.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

Craig

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Another great lesson Vanessa! You have put out some great stuff lately! Great job, great lessons, and Thank You!

Your vocals on this one are just incredible. Wow -o- Wow!

Craig

michelew

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:20 pm

OMG!!! What great choice!!! I LOVE this song.

I’m not at home right now but I’m really looking forward to your play through and your lesson itself. Inspired!

Love

Shel

tombo1230

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:00 am

Hi Vanessa,
this is a cool classic. I’m with Craig here, you really pick great songs to teach.

I loved your play through just excellentl! Thanks!

Claire loves this as she is a Dirty Dancing film fan.

Tom N.

michelew

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:38 pm

TGNess,

I couldn’t resist. I had to come back and tell you what a fantastic play through you’ve created. It’s rips at your heartstrings... in a gorgeous way of course. So true to the original.

And the preview all by itself is a mini lesson.

Your vocals on this are stellar and SO moving.

Love your work.

Shel
:kiss:

TGNesh

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:23 am

Craig: You're so kind Craig, that's just awesome to hear, all of it! :cheer: Thank you very much!! xo

Tom: And you too Tom, for sure!! I'm totally with Claire on being a Dirty Dancing-film-fan, why am i not suprised?! :laugh: As a teen I couldn't help to absolutely love the movie and it's soundtrack. Awesome songs on it! And yeah Patrick... B) :laugh: Thanks so much Tom!

Shel: Double responses even!!! :blush: :cheer: Yeah, i figured you would at least like the song choice ;) This song was one of the first video uploads i did at TG (as a student), back in 2010. Your love-songs-thread. Those were the days! :woohoo: I also love that it inspired you. Many many thanks Shel for the heartwarming compliments, smiling for sure!! :) :) xo

TGNess B)

michelew

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:44 pm

TGVanessa wrote:

Shel: ... This song was one of the first video uploads i did at TG (as a student), back in 2010. Your love-songs-thread. Those were the days! :woohoo: ...

TGNess B)

I absolutely remember. I loved it then too. And your version has gotten even better with time. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic