Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Crying In The Rain with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, Crying In The Rain with Sandy!

Sandy decided it was time to get some Everly Brothers’ tunes down and take them to one of the Open
Mics she regularly attends. We spent a lot of time listening to and analyzing the song, first worrying about
the time signature, then the harmonic rhythm, i.e. the timing of chord changes.

She already had a printout of the changes but we needed to spend some time sorting out the phrasing,
and also working on a little embellishment that occurred at the end of each chorus. Anybody interested in
learning Crying In The Rain should be able to after watching this lesson.

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... sandy.html

TGNesh

Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 am

Great work Sandy! :cheer: How i love this song, and how I would love to hear your rendition of it. :) I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job! Hopefully you can find yourself someone to do the harmonies with you.

Ness

(btw Personally I think Don does the lead, starting on an A. Phil starts on a D, a 4th higher.)

TGNeil

Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:40 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Great work Sandy! :cheer: How i love this song, and how I would love to hear your rendition of it. :) I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job! Hopefully you can find yourself someone to do the harmonies with you.

Ness

(btw Personally I think Don does the lead, starting on an A. Phil starts on a D, a 4th higher.)
Hey Vanessa,

Thanks for the info on the vocals, and I'm glad that somebody watches these FOTW lessons!

Neil

willem

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Sandy,goodluck on your open Mike,great FOTW, thx my hero B) :laugh:

sandysue

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Thank you Ness for checking out my FOTW video. The Everly Brothers had some really pretty songs. This is one of my favorites. Thank you for your advice on the harmony parts versus the melody. Of course those songs are especially beautiful because of the way the brothers harmonized so we’ll together.

Sandy :)

sandysue

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:19 pm

I like the FOTW videos because it gives me a chance to go back over the details of the lesson. I think it does answer some questions for other guitarists too who are wanting to learn the song as well.

Sandy

sandysue

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:22 pm

Thank you Willem. You are always so sweet to watch the FOTW videos and make really kind comments and helpful suggestions. Thank you. :)

Sandy :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic