>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Guilty by Barbra Streisand with Barry Gibb

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Guilty by Barbra Streisand with Barry Gibb!

Guilty is a song written by the Bee Gees and recorded as a vocal duet between Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb.
It was released as a single from Streisand’s 1980 album of the same name and won a Grammy Award in the
category ‘Best Pop Vocal Performance, Duo or Group’.

This lesson teaches the arrangement with all six strings tuned down a half step, as done on their performance
at Barbra’s 1986 concert ‘One Voice’. The original recording would be in standard tuning.

It features many chords, due to a key change in Barry’s part, including several barre chords.

Another challenge is to create a percussive sounding groove, by using the squeeze/release-technique
with the fretting hand.

On top of all that, the song also has a few time signature changes in both the verse as well as the chorus.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

LisaC

Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:18 am

Hey Vanessa,

This song is gorgeous and your arrangement is beautiful. This album was one of my favorites! A super challenge for singing and playing and I'm inspired to try! I can't wait to go through the whole lesson although i may not be performing it any time soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to work it out!

Lisa

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Nice job Ness! I can't stand Streisand :ohmy: sorry! :ohmy: myself but you do a great job and maybe we can duet this next time we meet up :) ... with you too Lisa, I am sure you'll do a good job on this! :).

michelew

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:52 pm

TGNess,

I wondered how you were going to do it as a solo performer. :). Arrrrrhhh the magic of GarageBand. Very nicely done.

I really like the percussive style; very cool.

And WOW! Your vocals just keep getting better. That’s quite a range you have there.

Cool.

Shel
:kiss:

Craig

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Vanessa,

Another great lesson! This is a song I won't learn but as always I can take something away from the lesson. The percussive squeeze and release strumming technique portion was informative. It reminded me a little bit of the section of Space Oddity that you had me work on in the yard ;) along with Molly :laugh:

As Shel mentioned, your vocals have just been fantastic!

Craig

crieniecat

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Ness, what a great solution as Shel mentioned, to be able to perform this "duet" alone.
As always you've done an excellent job on it :woohoo: :lol:

Lisa I'm sure you can do justice to the part of Barbara any time, maybe you and Chris should do a collaboration on it?! :woohoo:
( I happen to have insiders information about Chris really liking your voice and style ;) )

More Barbara please B) :woohoo:
Corina :)

TGNesh

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Lisa: That's awesome to hear Lisa, many thanks! I think you'll be able to put the vocals and playing together sooner than you expect. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Chris: Thanks for tuning in Chris, am glad you like it anyway! The vocals (in the chorus) are too high for me :blink: , so you're certainly better off with Corina or Lisa. ;)

Michele: Actually, the magic of iMovie. :P In fact, i hadn't planned to do so at all. I just recorded it, singing her part, his part and back to her part, throwing in a few bits and pieces of the other one as well ('It oughta be illegal'). I mean, it certainly can be done that way. Once done, i was listening to/checking it, and automatically sang the harmonies. From there all of a sudden I realized it'd be fun to add those, so it went from there. :) I think the vocals are too high for me (in the chorus), even though i somewhat managed to get through it :S . I guess it does stretch my range a little more. :laugh: In any way, great to hear you like it too. Thanks so much dear friend! xo

Craig: I so love that Craig! I always try to look for/teach a 'carry over' to other songs, no matter which song i'm teaching. Very often there is so much more in there. And yep, we certainly went over a similar thing (along with Molly :laugh: ), just another song. Awesome tool to have in your toolbox. Many thanks to you too my friend!

Corina: Thank you very much for the compliments :) , even though i think you'd do a way better job than I would :S. A perfect song for you! ;)

TGNess B)

Ps. Yes, absolutely more Barbra coming up. :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic