>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - What Kind Of Fool by Barbra Streisand with Barry Gibb

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on What Kind Of Fool by Barbra Streisand with Barry Gibb!

What Kind Of Fool is another vocal duet between Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb. It was released in 1981
as the 3rd single from Streisand’s Guilty Album.

The song features many chords, including barre chords, and several key, and unusual time signature changes.
On the other hand, the picking and strumming, which could be done with either fingers or a pick, is relatively
easy. Anyone tackling this song should be comfortably doing so in general.

This lesson teaches the arrangement with all six strings tuned down a half step. The original recording would
be in standard tuning, capo II, or capo I as performed at Barbra’s 1986 concert ‘One Voice’.

The bridge is probably the biggest challenge, since it, as already mentioned, features a few unusual time
signature changes. It starts in 4/4, changes to 3/4, to 3/8, to 4/4, to 2/4 and finally back to 4/4. The ability to
count and play is crucial.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

familyman4

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Vanessa,

I haven't watched the lesson yet but your play thru was fabulous! Very interesting timing change issues to deal with. Your counting thru them is a wonderful presentation of how it is done correctly. Great teaching lesson there.

I don't imagine this is a song that will be on my ever expanding list of songs to play but I sure do appreciate your expertise in teaching all of the dynamics that are required to play it correctly. You're a real pro....

Bart

michelew

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 pm

TGNess,

I don’t think I know this song. But that was a simply gorgeous introduction to it. You make it look straightforward, but after listening to your preview and playthrough it obviously isn’t. The bridge all by itself sounds challenging and the intensity the complex timing generates is obviously worth the effort.

But OMG if your vocals aren’t beeautifuuuul... I’m lost for words to describe how much they touched me ...

Barry writes beautiful songs.

:kiss:

TGNesh

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Really loved and appreciate your comment Bart!

This sure was a tricky one and i hope i've taught it well enough for anyone to learn it.

Thanks so much for your kind and generous compliments!! xo

familyman4 wrote:
Vanessa,

I haven't watched the lesson yet but your play thru was fabulous! Very interesting timing change issues to deal with. Your counting thru them is a wonderful presentation of how it is done correctly. Great teaching lesson there.

I don't imagine this is a song that will be on my ever expanding list of songs to play but I sure do appreciate your expertise in teaching all of the dynamics that are required to play it correctly. You're a real pro....

Bart

TGNesh

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 pm

I would agree, Barry writes beautiful songs...I've always known this song from Barbra's concert (One Voice), which i would absolutely recommend to watch. Just a fabulous concert (awesome band too)!!! She has always been one of my favorite female singers. But she doesn't really show up in my repertoire, unfortunately waaaaay out of my range. :S Yes, i did make it work somehow i guess :blink: . As you can imagine, I'm véry glad with your comment on my vocals :blush: :cheer:

You're the absolute sweetest, thanks so much my friend! :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

I don’t think I know this song. But that was a simply gorgeous introduction to it. You make it look straightforward, but after listening to your preview and playthrough it obviously isn’t. The bridge all by itself sounds challenging and the intensity the complex timing generates is obviously worth the effort.

But OMG if your vocals aren’t beeautifuuuul... I’m lost for words to describe how much they touched me ...

Barry writes beautiful songs.

:kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic