Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - The Longest Time with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, The Longest Time with Sandy!

A few weeks ago Sandy came in asking about a slightly obscure Eagles’ tune, Train Leaves Here This Morning.
This week she pulled out a Billy Joel song that I never considered playing or doing a lesson on, The Longest
Time from his album An Innocent Man. I was wary and skeptical at first but as soon as I listened to it I thought
we might be able to get something out of it, and maybe even a fun song to play.

We started with a bit of ear training where I wanted her to listen to the bass and background vocals, which
proved a little difficult, which I find is usually the case. As it turned out the song was a great candidate for playing
on guitar and we came up with something very promising. Maybe soon I’ll have to do a real lesson on this tune
but in the meantime there may be enough info here for other students to learn it.

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... sandy.html

LisaC

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:56 pm

That was such a fun lesson to watch, Sandy and Neil! Thanks!
Lisa

willem

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:30 am

Great memories at that song,we did that song with a big choir show (only the males), does Neil makes it a target lesson?

B)

sandysue

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:00 am

Thanks Lisa this is been a really fun song to learn. It’s really upbeat. I especially like the bass line. Now just have to try and memorize all the lyrics. :S

Sandy :)

sandysue

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:02 am

Hi Willem

This is a fun song. I bet it sounded great with the choir. Did you also learn to play it on the guitar?

Sandy :)

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Sandy

Great FOTW.
When I saw the song title, The Longest Time, it made me think of the time it's taking me to play the guitar :blush: !!!
I love Billy Joel music and this song sounds great, good choice.

I've been learning the one note chord :dry: for 10 years + now !!!

:S

sandysue

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Thank you Dermot.
I feel the same way when learning new songs Dermot, sometimes it feels like it takes forever to get it all together. I love the videos of Billy Joel that you posted. I’ve always liked this song and also the piano man. :) :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic