>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Trouble by Lizz Wright

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Trouble by Lizz Wright!

Lizz Wright is an incredibly talented American vocalist and composer who synthesizes
R&B, jazz, folk, blues, and gospel.

Trouble is taken from her very successful 2nd album ‘Dreaming Wide Awake’ (2005),
which reached number one on the Billboard Top Contemporary Jazz chart.

The arrangement is mostly based on how Wright’s guitar players accompany her on stage.

The song features five relatively easy chords in the key of G and a cool percussive groove.
The latter is done by dampening the strings and emphasizing certain upstrokes. Then again
one could also play through the song and let the strings ring.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

michelew

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:13 am

TGNess,

Lizz Wright is awesome. This song is beautiful. And the version you’re teaching is very cool indeed. Percussive and muting, I love it. But, then you knew I would; right?!

Your playthrough does justice too, which is really NOT and easy mission.

I actually bumped into Lizz a little earlier in the year (well information about her anyway). Which alerted me to the fact that she was doing a VERY cool version of River Man on her latest album. BTW - it also has a beautiful and different version of To Love Somebody on it. :)

Nice choice and totally unexpected.

Thanks Ness

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Yes I had a feeling you would! :laugh: :P

And yes, i wholeheartedly agree, she's awesome! :)

I bumped into her Dreaming Wide Awake album pretty much when it came out (2005), and instantly fell in love with it. Besides her own work, it has some fantastic covers as well. I in particularly love 'Get Together', just beautiful! I should check out River Man. That's a gorgeous song too.

Many thanks for the compliments on the play through, which was, again with a messed up voice, not so easy. :S But i guess i got through it anyway. :cheer:

Anyway, glad that i can still pull out some unexpected artists too. B)

Thanks again Shel! xo

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Lizz Wright is awesome. This song is beautiful. And the version you’re teaching is very cool indeed. Percussive and muting, I love it. But, then you knew I would; right?!

Your playthrough does justice too, which is really NOT and easy mission.

I actually bumped into Lizz a little earlier in the year (well information about her anyway). Which alerted me to the fact that she was doing a VERY cool version of River Man on her latest album. BTW - it also has a beautiful and different version of To Love Somebody on it. :)

Nice choice and totally unexpected.

Thanks Ness

:kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic