>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Just When I Needed You Most by Dolly Parton

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Just When I Needed You Most by Dolly Parton!

Just When I Needed You Most is a song written and recorded by American singer-songwriter Randy VanWarner.
It was released in 1979 and became his biggest success.

It was covered or performed by numerous artists, including Dolly Parton, who recorded it for her 1996 album
‘Treasures’. She was vocally joined by Alison Krauss and Dan Tyminski of Union Station.

This lesson teaches that particular version, which features a fingerstyle arrangement in the key of G (Capo III).

It takes a look at the chords, the picking, the progression and of course the signature intro.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

michelew

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:19 am

TGNess,

That’s a lovely version of this touching and sad song.

Your playthrough is really gorgeous. Nothing new there :) it’s exactly what we’ve all come to expect from you.

BTW - the sound quality in your playthrough is really nice; just the right amount of reverb too. Really great sound to complement your gorgeous playing and singing.

:kiss:

Shel

familyman4

Fri May 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello Vanessa,

I haven't been around for a while but I checked out your play through on this song, Very Well Done!

Thanks for your work!
Bart

tombo1230

Fri May 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi Vanessa,
I’m in Florida just now, but checked in to check out your play through of this very emotional but wonderful tune. I love this number and you totally nailed it. Soooooooo good! :) well done!

Tom N.

Craig

Sat May 04, 2019 12:08 pm

Vanessa,

Wow, your vocals on this one knocked my socks off!! Just beautiful! Great song choice and great lesson!

Thank you,

Craig

TGNesh

Tue May 21, 2019 5:25 am

Love your comments on this one guys!!! :kiss:

It's one of those songs that i've known like forever, but never got to a particular guitar arrangement, which turned out to be relatively easy.

Michele: Thanks so much Shel!! Maybe nothing new, but i'm álways touched by your compliments :) :) :cheer: . I'm glad the sound quality complements it all. I do have to say, i would love a program which allows me to add reverb when editing videos (basically in iMovie itself). Now it's a pain to export, edit in Garageband, share with iTunes, back to iMovie blah blah.... :S Espcially when i just quickly want to compare takes or something. Oh well...thanks again dear!

Bart: Hey Bart, great to hear from you and your comment! Pleased to hear you liked it, many thanks!

Tom: You make me smile Tom, that's awesome to hear! :cheer: Thank you very much for checking in during your trip and for your generous comment, muuuuuuuch appreciated!!

Craig: So great to hear from you too my friend, love to knock your socks off!! :laugh: :P Thanks so much!!! xo

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic