>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Out of My Mind by Neil Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri May 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Out of My Mind by Neil Young!

Out Of My Mind is a song written and performed by Neil Young. It was originally recorded by Buffalo Springfield (1966),
when he was a member of the band, and appeared on their debut album ‘Buffalo Springfield.’

This is one of many little pearls in Young’s amazing repertoire and he has performed the song throughout most of his career
on either piano or guitar. This lesson is based on his 1968 Canterbury House concert, in which he performs it stripped down,
all by himself.

We take a look at the chords in the key of A, which includes two barre chords, making it somewhat more difficult than it might
appear. The strumming is done in double time and like the progression, is relatively easy.

The lesson includes an additional segment that teaches the arrangement in the key of G, for the those students who find the barre
chords a too challenging for now. This key should be doable for all guitar players and works really well for males who’d like to sing the
song a bit lower.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

michelew

Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm

TGNess,

At the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me by the TG community (and Sue) I have to say that I’m not the biggest Neil Young fan (it might just be his voice); which might be why I haven’t heard this one before that I can remember. But he sure does write good material. Hmmm... I guess I am a fan. :)

Your performance of this song is incredibly touching. The stripped down nature adds to the haunting quality. Beautifully done.

Nice touch teaching it in G too. Very considerate.

Thanks Teach

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:50 am

Not a fan Shel???? :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:

In thruth, same here. Probably not anymore, since i've come to realize that i love a lót of his songs :dry: . And this one was when he was a member of the Buffalo Springfield.

I also very much like his own stripped down versions. Just him, one guitar and maybe a harp.

Thanks so much for the compliments on the play through. :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

At the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me by the TG community (and Sue) I have to say that I’m not the biggest Neil Young fan (it might just be his voice); which might be why I haven’t heard this one before that I can remember. But he sure does write good material. Hmmm... I guess I am a fan. :)

Your performance of this song is incredibly touching. The stripped down nature adds to the haunting quality. Beautifully done.

Nice touch teaching it in G too. Very considerate.

Thanks Teach

:kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic