>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Last Resort by The Eagles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on The Last Resort by The Eagles!

The Last Resort was written by Don Henley and Glen Frey from The Eagles. It appeared
as the ninth track on the 1976 Hotel California album.

When performing it during their ‘Hell Freezes Over’-concert, Henley introduced it by saying:
‘You’ve heard about how the West was won, this is certainly about how the West was lost’.

The arrangement features basically three chords in the key of E, and a key change halfway
through to G.

Still, there is a lot more to it than that, and this lesson shows how to dress it up in order to
make it sound somewhat similar to the original. Needless to say, with one guitar and one voice,
it’s an ambitious project.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

familyman4

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm

OOOOOH MMMYYYYY GGGOOOSSSHHH Vanesa!

Ok, so you had me at "Eagles" but really, I love this song so much! I was the final song on my cassette tape back in the day. I would get home from being out on a weekend and just set in the driveway of the house to listen to the rest of this Eagles tape and wouldn't get out of the car until this song was finished. I really never thought it could be done as a solo song but you have proven me wrong. Great lesson, great play thru, very detailed on the dynamics which are so important, just simply one of my favorite lessons of all time!

Thank You So Much!

Bart

P.S. "You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye" I have quoted this line from the song pretty much all of my adult life.

tombo1230

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Gosh Vanessa, this is a long song. I know because I have sang it many times.
You did a great job arranging this and performing it. Great vocals, one of my favourite Eagle songs, not only for the tune, but for the story telling in the lyrics as well.
Awesome job by you. I need to watch the lessons now.
Thanks for another great song lesson.
4th of July I will be sitting listening to this tune (hopefully) and other songs being sung by the Eagles live as I have mentioned before. Can’t wait! :) so your timing of releasing this lesson is good.

Tom N.

michelew

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:06 pm

TGNess,

Simply AWESOME!

Ambitious? Yeh, but you do impossible things before breakfast. :silly:

B)

Incredible sounding playthrough - and very moving.

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:22 am

Bart: :blush: Well, needless to say, I absolutely LOVED your comment and compliments!!! I suppose the challenge as in to play it with only one guitar worked out alright enough. :cheer: That's what I'm always looking for. And I sure love to bring back some good memories too. ;) Thanks so much my friend!

Tom: Haha, you're right, it's a freaking long song... :blink: and definitely a challenge to record it, which is always different (and way harder) from just performing it. But I somewhat got through it. Awesome to hear you liked the arrangement and play through. This is one of those songs which seem impossible to play by yourself, but it's also one that i want to play regardless. So I kept on trying to find a way which would do. So yeah, really nice to hear your feedback. :) :) Can't wait for a 4th of July/concert-report. ;) Many thanks Tom!

Michele: 'Impossible things for breakfast' :laugh: :laugh: B) Well I sure did my best :S . Actually Eric would know. Here and there i would let him hear what i had so far, in particular the interlude/piano-bits. It's always nice to get feedback in the process of preparing for a lesson. In any way, 'AWESOME', I always LOVE to hear that... :cheer: :) :) Big hug to you Shel! xo

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic