>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Doolin-Dalton by The Eagles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Doolin-Dalton by The Eagles!

Doolin-Dalton is the first track of The Eagles’ 2nd studio album ‘Desperado’ (1973) and
surely a favorite among Eagles fans.

It features an intro with Glenn Frey playing the harmonica and this lesson shows how to
somewhat copy it on the guitar.

We take a look at the chords, which are for the most part relatively easy. The progression
is as well, but does have a few twists and turns with, for example, chords going from major
to minor and vice versa.

The strumming should be done in double time, and involves quite a bit of focused and also
subtle strumming, in particular of course for the intro. Then again, in other parts of the song
it needs to be strong at the right times as well.

We also take a quick look at Doolin-Dalton Reprise, or part II as my official Eagles songbook
calls it.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

Craig

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Great lesson Vanessa! I've always been a huge Desperado fan. The close up and instruction on the right hand is very helpful!

Thank you!!

Craig

michelew

Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Fantastic!

TGNess I love everything you’re doing in here, the accents, bounces (always love those) ... well just everything that makes it sound perfect. :)

Your love of this song shines through.

Thanks teach

Shel
:kiss:

tombo1230

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Firstly, really great song choice! :)
Loved your playthrough, great attitude in your strumming. You also sang it well.
A really good lesson on how to vary the dynamics. Looking forward to watching all of it.

Thanks!

Tom N.

TGNesh

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:33 am

Craig: I'm definitely with you on that one, i've always been a huge Desperado-fan as well. Very glad you like this addition to the TG-library and the useful stuff that you've found in the lesson. Many thanks Craig! xo

Michele: Haha, the bounces, yep, they're there for sure! And they're a big part of my guitar playing in general. I really love the percussive-ness of those. It gives me the sound of drum-fills. And that makes it more fun to play too. As you have picked up easily, i love to play this song. I always have. :) :) Thanks so much Shel! :kiss:

Tom: Can't go wrong with an Eagles-tune right?! ;) But seriously, i'm really glad for the songchoice/artist-support. And I just gotta love your compliments!! :cheer: Thank you, thank you very much!!

TGNess B)

dtaylor

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:45 pm

The preview is blocked in UK on copyright grounds, that's something of a first for me here...

TGNeil

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:52 pm

The Eagles seem to have more music police on their payroll than anybody else.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic