>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - I Was The One by Elvis Presley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on I Was The One by Elvis Presley!

I Was The One is a ballad song recorded and performed by artist Elvis Presley. It was
released as the B-side of his major hit single Heartbreak Hotel, released in 1956.

The arrangement is in the key of C, but features a few chords out of the key as well.

The strumming could be either done in cut time with swing feel or in 6/8 . Personally I prefer
the latter, which might be a tad harder to execute, since the right hand moves much faster.

We also take a look at how to somewhat copy the electric guitar riff in the intro.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

michelew

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:57 pm

TGNess,

And the magic of Elvis returns. As always you channel his spirit so well. Again your love of his music is obvious from the joy you exude while performing it. :kiss:

This is SUCH a 50’s song. The sound but also the lyrics B)

Sounds like an alphabet soup of chords. Cool :P

But one thing I especially love about your playthrough, besides your charismatic singing, is the fantastic way you use percussive elements; using them as your very own, very cool ghost drummer. I love those sounds and all the important stresses that help make your performance so compelling.

Thanks E :woohoo:

Shel

:kiss:

tombo1230

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:17 am

It's lunchtime at work, lets see what's new at TG? Watched your playthrough and just smiled the whole way through. That was great!! :) :) :)
You are my own little jukebox. :P :)

Cheers,

Tom.

TGNesh

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Such awesome detailed feedback and compliments Shel, i love that! :cheer: :blush:

'A ghost drummer'...that sounds really cool!! B)

Yeah, i can't help it, i love to play his songs any day. Thanks so much my dear friend! :kiss: :woohoo:

TGNess

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

And the magic of Elvis returns. As always you channel his spirit so well. Again your love of his music is obvious from the joy you exude while performing it. :kiss:

This is SUCH a 50’s song. The sound but also the lyrics B)

Sounds like an alphabet soup of chords. Cool :P

But one thing I especially love about your playthrough, besides your charismatic singing, is the fantastic way you use percussive elements; using them as your very own, very cool ghost drummer. I love those sounds and all the important stresses that help make your performance so compelling.

Thanks E :woohoo:

Shel

:kiss:

TGNesh

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Aaaawh Tom, i really smiled, reading your comment, over here as well!! :) :) :) (the emoji doesn't cover it :S )

Entertaining you at lunchtime :laugh: , I sure love that!

Thank you very much Tom!

TG-Jukebox-Ness :laugh: :P B)

tombo1230 wrote:
It's lunchtime at work, lets see what's new at TG? Watched your playthrough and just smiled the whole way through. That was great!! :) :) :)
You are my own little jukebox. :P :)

Cheers,

Tom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic