>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Hit The Ground by Lizz Wright

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Hit The Ground by Lizz Wright!

Hit The Ground is another great song, taken from American singer-songwriter Lizz Wright’s
highly successful 2nd album ‘Dreaming Wide Awake’ (2005).

It features a slow, with a very relaxed feel, 6/8 arrangement in the key of G. It uses mainly
four relatively easy chords, which makes it doable for any level guitar player.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:52 pm

TGNess,

WOW!

Lizz is fantastic. I LOVE this song. I LOVE this album.

And ... I LOVE your version. You handle such a heartfelt song with all the subtle care, feelingly and grace it needs. And your vocals are just gorgeous. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

My life is hectic and full of stress at the moment. But this offering from you is inspiring me to find the time to slow down and learn, play and sing this gorgeous song.

Very nice choice. You’ve made my day for sure.

And nice T-shirt. :silly:

I was singing with you in the playthrough.

Thank you.

Shel

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

michelew

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Ness,

I just watched the Tiny Desk Concert. Thank you so much for that. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lizz’s warm honey vocals and the wonderful accompaniment of her band was really uplifting; food for the soul stuff.

Both songs were so full of hope, love and solidarity in the face of adversity. They feel like the perfect antidote to the discrimination, hate and racism that seems to be pervading the news at the moment.

We need more of exactly what Lizz and her band (and you) are offering here. Celebrating the positive aspects of the human spirit and living that.

Oh and I love the brushes on the cardboard box - cool sound.

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Just gotta LOVE your responses dear Shel!

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback, what it is that you like and notice and such, and of course the play through. :) :) :)

I would agree, Lizz Wright is fantastic and i love this album too. So laidback, and relaxed, and warm and cool, and much more. Her little band has that same vibe.

I hope you’ve gotten around to playing it yourself. Glad you like the t-shirt! B) :laugh:

Many many thanks again my friend! :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic