Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Signe with Victor

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, Signe with Victor!

I only see Victor once or twice a year, as well as at IGC usually, and he came in with a few
songs he was working on.

The lesson started with Eric Clapton’s instrumental Signe. He had a pretty good feel for the
rhythm and sequences but it needed a little more life and feeling. We worked on dynamics,
tone, percussion, and the grace notes, and 20 minutes later it sounded quite different.

The biggest thing was probably changes in volume, mostly working on playing louder in
general to expand his dynamic range. This made the piece a lot more interesting, and fun.

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... ictor.html

LisaC

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:13 am

Hey Victor and Neil,

Wow, this is a great piece of music! Seems like more of a level 7.5 and not a 5 but...

Unfortunately I could not see the full 20-minute lesson. Link didn't work for me. I'll try again later.

Lisa

familyman4

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:51 am

I really enjoyed this FOTW lesson! Great work on the dynamics for the song! So many opportunities to make it really flow into a musical masterpiece!!!

Victor, I continue to be impressed with your guitar chops and admire the time and attention that you put into your playing. Thanks for allowing the rest of us into your lesson time with Neil.

Bart

vzg14

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks Lisa. The song is listed as an 8, but I think that might be a little overrated.

And thank you Bart for your kind words. It is a fun song to learn but it does take some work. Throughout the whole process it was thoroughly enjoyable. You should give it a try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic