>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Forever Love by Gary Barlow

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Forever Love by Gary Barlow!

Gary Barlow is an English singer-songwriter, musician and producer. He is best known
as the leadsinger of the British pop group Take That, and is one of UK’s most successful
songwriters, having written fourteen number one singles and twenty-four top 10 hits.

Forever Love, released in 1996, was the first single, taken from his debut solo album ‘Open
Road’, and the first number one hit of his solo career.

In 2018 he celebrated the 21st anniversary of this album, by re-releasing it, including a new
version of ‘Forever Love’.

This lesson is based on that version, which has been stripped down with only Barlow on piano.

It’s a fingerstyle arrangement in the key of G, with one chord out of the key. We break down
a similar sounding intro, a few ways of fretting the chords, and how to fingerpick through
the progression.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... esson.html

dtaylor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Nice choice, Ness. Reminds me a bit of the guitar part of Fields of Gold, very satisfying in its simplicity. Beautifully sung too, as ever.

TGNesh

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:11 am

Love to hear from you Dean and of course very pleased that you like the song choice! It's obviously a Euro-centric-choice. ;)

I would agree on Fields of Gold and the similarities in simplicity, yet beautiful. I actually really love Gary's piano playing in here as well. It's again relatively simple, but works so well.

I couldn't literally transcribe it all (I'll spare you the reasons why), but was glad to come up with something similar, at least for the intro. I do think it worked out alright. :)

Many thanks Dean!

Ness

dtaylor wrote:
Nice choice, Ness. Reminds me a bit of the guitar part of Fields of Gold, very satisfying in its simplicity. Beautifully sung too, as ever.

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Vanessa

I don't know this song but you sure make a great transition to guitar.

I like Take That's "The Cirus" album and live show..

Dermot

TGNesh

Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:11 am

Hey Dermot, always good to hear from you. I'm of course glad you like the transition to guitar. :) :)

Admittedly, i barely know Take That's stuff, except for Want You Back For Good, Could It Be Magic, and How Deep Is Your Love. Awesome cover on Could It Be Magic btw. And I've always been a huge fan of Robbie Williams (actually i'm working on one of his songs), especially the first 7/8 albums. I'll check out the concert.

Thanks for tuning in Dermot!

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

I don't know this song but you sure make a great transition to guitar.

I like Take That's "The Cirus" album and live show..

Dermot

Craig

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:30 am

Wow Vanessa! What a beautiful play through. I'm not familiar with the song. You're arraignment sounds beautiful on guitar. Of course I wouldn't attempt singing it but I think it holds up on its own as a finger picking instrumental. I'll definitely look into it when I feel better about the current songs I'm working on.

Thank you for another great, detailed lesson.

Craig

michelew

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:44 pm

WOW .... truly beautiful - your playthrough has me all choked up.

I’ve never heard it before. Thanks for bringing us another great one.

:kiss: :kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:50 am

Thanks so much my friend, i loved to read your 'wow'! :cheer: Especially since you don't even really know the song. Would you know 'Take That' though, the band?

Really glad you like the arrangement too. It's somewhat 'simple', but fits the song just right. The intro by itself is really nice to play.

Your current songs, i can't wait to have a peek! ;)

Many thanks Craig! xo

Craig wrote:
Wow Vanessa! What a beautiful play through. I'm not familiar with the song. You're arraignment sounds beautiful on guitar. Of course I wouldn't attempt singing it but I think it holds up on its own as a finger picking instrumental. I'll definitely look into it when I feel better about the current songs I'm working on.

Thank you for another great, detailed lesson.

Craig

TGNesh

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 am

:cheer: :kiss: :blush:

That's really awesome to hear......! :cheer: I figured the song would be more known here in Europe, since Gary is from the UK. But you do know Take That right? With Robbie Williams too? Even though the latter never quite made it in the US as well. Here in Europe, he used to be mega star for sure.

And this one is a long time ago, 1996. I was.....24, I'm 47 now. :ohmy: :ohmy: :laugh:

Anyway, i couldn't have hoped for a better response, thanks so much dear Shel! :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
WOW .... truly beautiful - your playthrough has me all choked up.

I’ve never heard it before. Thanks for bringing us another great one.

:kiss: :kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic