New Lesson Release - Crazy by Shawn Colvin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:37 am

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new lesson available!

Crazy by Shawn Colvin.

This lesson takes a look at Shawn Colvin's version of Crazy, originally by Gnarls Barkely. It is primarily based on several of her live performances.

She uses a classic Travis style fingerpicking arrangement, which is somewhat fast, and for that probably challenging to some guitar players. On the other hand, the chords are relatively easy.

In general, even though Shawn is pretty consistent in some things, there is still much more that comes out differently each time she plays anything. This song is no exception, and students are encouraged to make the song their own.

Enjoy this intermediate lesson!

https://totallyguitars.com/lessons/2581 ... awn-colvin

michelew

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 pm

TGNess,

WOW!! What a GREAT addition to the library. What a GREAT version of this intense and beautiful song.

Thank you so much sweet woman. Work and life stresses have been taking up too much of my life of late. This is motivating me to take time out to pick up a guitar.

You sound wonderful playing this, no surprise there of course.

Thank you

Shel

Craig

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi Vanessa! Great to see you! Another wonderful lesson from you. I probably won't tackle this one since I don't sing, but I can always learn something from you in your lessons and your attention to detail is greatly appreciated!

Craig

TGNesh

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:50 am

I am so happy to hear that Shel! And I sure hope you got around to it. I'd say it's the perfect song for you, both vocally and guitarwise.

I'm sorry to hear that work and life stresses is taking too much of your life lately :( , sure hope things will brighten up at some point.

Many many thanks for the compliments, I love them! :blush:

TGNess 8-)
michelew wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 pm
TGNess,

WOW!! What a GREAT addition to the library. What a GREAT version of this intense and beautiful song.

Thank you so much sweet woman. Work and life stresses have been taking up too much of my life of late. This is motivating me to take time out to pick up a guitar.

You sound wonderful playing this, no surprise there of course.

Thank you

Shel

TGNesh

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:53 am

Craig, of course you sing! Becareful, otherwise i'll post proof of it too. :lol:

But sure, i hear you, and get you. And I love that you get something out of it anyway. I'm also glad that the details are appreciated. I sometimes wonder about that. :? So yes, many thanks for the feedback and support!

TGNess 8-)
Craig wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:54 pm
Hi Vanessa! Great to see you! Another wonderful lesson from you. I probably won't tackle this one since I don't sing, but I can always learn something from you in your lessons and your attention to detail is greatly appreciated!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic