New Lesson Release - I Will by The Beatles, in DADGAD Tuning

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new lesson available!

I Will by The Beatles, in DADGAD Tuning

This is a fairly simple arrangement of “I Will” in DADGAD tuning that provides a good look at how to play in the key of G in DADGAD, and also uses a fair number of chords.

People often approach DADGAD, as well as many other tunings, as a vehicle for “droning” in a single key, which sometimes gives alternate tunings a bad rap, and this arrangement serves as a counter-example, with its fairly conventional I-vi-ii-V chord progression, as well as some more complex sections. The tune even modulates to the key of C briefly!

I Will is a good repertoire tune for an instrumental player to have because people generally know it. I arranged it many years ago, and still pull it out in performances, especially when I have a non-guitar playing audience, to give them something they recognize, and can hum along with.

Enjoy this intermediate level lesson!

https://totallyguitars.com/lessons/2591-i-will-dadgad

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:18 am

Nice !!

It's good to see another Doug Young DADGAD lesson on TG.

Thanks for sharing this guitar tune which I haven't heard before.
I like that you chose to incorporate a fluent lighter bass.
You make it look easy as your fingers glide from fret to fret.

Dermot

:D
Last edited by thereshopeyet on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

familyman4

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:00 am

Doug,

Thanks for popping back in to TG and presenting another lesson!

I am constantly amazed by the graceful way that you play the guitar. So smooth and every note has a purpose! I can watch and listen to your playing for hours at a time.

Have a great day and again, Thanks!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic