New Lesson Release - Forever And For Always by Shania Twain

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new lesson available!

Forever And For Always by Shania Twain

Forever And For Always is another beautiful love song co-written and recorded by Canadian singer-songwriter Shania Twain, and one of her own personal favorites. It’s taken from her 4th studio album ‘Up’ (2002) and was the 3rd single to be released, which earned her two Grammy Award nominations.

This lesson teaches a Travis style fingerpicking arrangement in the key of D, and uses Dropped D-tuning.

The challenge is to transition smoothly from one chord to the next and to keep the alternating bass notes going.

Of course one could strum the song, so we take a quick look at that too. The same applies for playing it in standard tuning, which should be easy enough for anyone to adapt to.

Enjoy this Intermediate level lesson!

https://totallyguitars.com/lessons/2585 ... for-always

familyman4

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Well hello Vanessa, so good to see you again!

Very nice job with this song lesson! As usual, you are very detailed and explain your thoughts thoroughly.

I have a few weddings coming up where I will be playing several songs and I had never thought about this one. Even though it fits a female voice so perfectly, I think I will work it out & see how it goes.

Take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing and hearing more from you often!

Bart

TGNesh

Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:35 am

Hey Bart, so good to hear from you too!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that, since I sure hope I still 'got' it. :D

I would agree, it'd make a very fitting song to any wedding (I have another one, which i will get to hopefully soon, 'From This Moment On', reeeeeeally a wedding song), and it should be easy to transpose too. Taking the capo off already helps quite a bit.

Be well my friend, i'll probably see you this evening (TG-Webinar)!

TGNess xo
familyman4 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:46 pm
Well hello Vanessa, so good to see you again!

Very nice job with this song lesson! As usual, you are very detailed and explain your thoughts thoroughly.

I have a few weddings coming up where I will be playing several songs and I had never thought about this one. Even though it fits a female voice so perfectly, I think I will work it out & see how it goes.

Take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing and hearing more from you often!

Bart

michelew

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 am

Beautiful Ness, as always.

Xx

TGNesh

Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 am

Thank you dear Shel! :)
michelew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 am
Beautiful Ness, as always.

Xx