New Lesson Release - Bend And Break by Keane

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new lesson available.

Bend And Breakby Keane

Bend and Break is a song by English rock band Keane, released as the 5th and final single from their highly successful debut album ‘Hopes and Fears’ (2004).

This lesson teaches how to play it as Tom Chaplin, the band’s frontman and vocalist, does. He sometimes performs the song by himself, on guitar, in the key of E, using several barre chords, and keeping it simple.

We also take a look at the key of D, which might be less challenging to some guitar players. From there it is also easier to get a little closer to the album version, by incorporating, for example, the piano intro and a few other little details.

Enjoy this intermediate level lesson!

https://totallyguitars.com/lessons/2599-bend-and-break

michelew

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:57 pm

TGNess,

I must have missed this one. I have a little time to catch up this morning thankfully.

I really like this song, even though it’s quite sad. Great sound.

I really enjoyed your playthrough Ness. Your vocals are wonderful and the straightforward treatment works well.

Thanks for the lesson teach.

Shel

Xx

TGNesh

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 am

Thanks for tuning in and the compliments Shel! I love singing Keane songs :) I love straightforward too. :lol:

xoxo
michelew wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:57 pm
TGNess,

I must have missed this one. I have a little time to catch up this morning thankfully.

I really like this song, even though it’s quite sad. Great sound.

I really enjoyed your playthrough Ness. Your vocals are wonderful and the straightforward treatment works well.

Thanks for the lesson teach.

Shel

Xx

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic