New Lesson Release - Can't Stop Now by Keane

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new lesson available.

Can't Stop Now by Keane

Can't Stop Now is another great track of Keane's debut album 'Hopes And Fears' (2004).

This lesson is entirely based on an acoustic version as done by frontman and vocalist Tom Chaplin.

Tom plays it in the key of Am, with his guitar capoed on the 3rd fret, taking it down a whole step compared to the album version.

We take a look at all the chords, the strumming and the progression, which he keeps very straightforward.

There is also a segment, in which we take a look at the key of Em as well. It is relatively even easier, and perfect for female singers.

Enjoy this Intermediate Level Lesson

https://totallyguitars.com/lessons/2602-cant-stop-now

michelew

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm

TGNess,

I agree Keane is cool and Hopes and Fears is a great album.

I enjoyed your playthrough of this, nicely captured with just solo guitar and voice.

I really like the outro of this song. I know it’s sort of a little thing, but the change of rhythm and stresses really appeals to me.

Thanks for including a segment for higher woman’s voices. I love all the thought you put into what your different students might need, including our vocal ranges. It just goes to show one of the ways in which you go above and beyond.

Love your work Ness.

Thanks teach.

Shel
Xx

TGNesh

Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 pm

I would agree, Hopes and Fears is really great! In truth, I've never gone beyond that album. I should check out some of their other stuff.

I always love it when artists/bands perform their songs stripped down. It's gives a good idea of how a song was probably written, or at least how they play it when they perform it by themselves. And i really like what he did with this one, quite more relaxed and such.

I'm really pleased that you appreciate all the extra's that I put it in there, since I do. A lesson always turns out way longer than anticipated, no matter how simple/straightforward it is. I just can't help it. :?

Funny that you mention it, because i find that changing to half time (in the outro) and/or vice versa actually adds a lot to a song, even though it seems little.

Anyway, thank you very much my friend! xo
michelew wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm
TGNess,

I agree Keane is cool and Hopes and Fears is a great album.

I enjoyed your playthrough of this, nicely captured with just solo guitar and voice.

I really like the outro of this song. I know it’s sort of a little thing, but the change of rhythm and stresses really appeals to me.

Thanks for including a segment for higher woman’s voices. I love all the thought you put into what your different students might need, including our vocal ranges. It just goes to show one of the ways in which you go above and beyond.

Love your work Ness.

Thanks teach.

Shel
Xx

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic