New Lesson Release - Careless Whisper by George Michael

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new lesson available.

Careless Whisper by George Michael

Careless Whisper is a pop ballad written by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley of British music duo Wham. It appears on their debut album ‘Make It Big’, released in 1984, and reached number one in nearly 25 countries.

This lesson teaches the chords and progression in three different keys. Dm, Am and Em. Each of those has it’s own pros and cons.

If it’s your goal to give the song a percussive sound, Dm would be a good choice, since it has several barre chords. This means you need to squeeze and release the strings.

If you’re looking for an easier key, or if you like the sound of open strings, like I do, Am would be a better option. You can still add a little bit of percussion with those chords.

I’ve added a short segment for the key of Em, since it would work really well for female vocalists.

Of course we also take a look at how to strum through the song.

michelew

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:16 pm

TGNess

Three keys!!! So where’s the other nine minor keys. ;) :p

I love the percussive things you’re doing in your playthrough. It sounds brilliant.

And of course it’s a beautiful song. I remember buying that album too when it was first out; it might have been one of my last vinyl records.

Nice choice.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic