New Lesson Release - Come Together - The Beatles - Solo Arrangement

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new lesson available.

Come Together - The Beatles - Solo Arrangement

Come Together is the opening track from the Beatles 1969 album Abbey Road. It was largely a John Lennon creation, although the songwriting credits are listed as Lennon-McCartney.

This fingerstyle solo guitar arrangement combines melody, chords, and the classic Paul McCartney bass line that plays through the intro and verses. It also features a unique take on some of George Harrison’s soulful guitar fills, and an interesting percussive approach idea that hints at some of Ringo Starr’s drum work.

https://totallyguitars.com/lessons/2643 ... rrangement

thereshopeyet

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:28 am

Bob

That's an amazing sound you create with your guitar..
Do you really need to be plugged in to achieve this type of sound ?
What is your guitar and what make of strings and gauge do use ?

Dermot

bmcalpine

Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Hey Dermot,

The sound you are hearing is mostly the natural sound of my guitar being picked up by the stereo mics in my Zoom camera. I am plugged in to an AER Compact 60 amp as well, but I'm only blending in a small amount of the amp to give the overall volume a bit of a boost.

The guitar is a Furch G24-CR, made in the Czech Republic. In North America, they also go by the name Stonebridge (for whom I am an endorsing artist). It has been my go-to acoustic guitar for all my session work since 2014 - great tone and versatility.

The strings are Elixir (which I use on all my stringed instruments) and they are light gauge (.012 - .053)

Best,

Bob

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Bob

Thanks for the response.
Interesting, nice guitar.

Thanks

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic