Need You Now - Lady A

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Hey Folks,
Hot off the press, Need You Now by Lady A.

Need You Now is a song co-written, and recorded by American country music trio Lady A, formerly known as Lady Antebellum.

It’s the title track to their 2nd studio album of the same name. It became a worldwide hit, and won four Grammy Awards in 2011.

This lesson focuses on how Dave Haywood, member of the band, plays it on guitar.

It teaches the chords in the key of C (Capo IV), including several examples of the embellishments he uses.

It breaks down the strumming thoroughly, since it’s the most important aspect of the song. Very often the off beats are accentuated and this might turn out to be challenging to some guitar players.

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks for this Ness. It’s a beautiful song.

I actually don’t really know this band. You’ve inspired me to check out their music more.

Thanks teach.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat May 01, 2021 5:09 am

Another 'living under a rock' moment, haha! How could you have missed this song, it was a worldwide huge hit??! :lol: :P

Would love to perform it as a duet though. Should try it out with Corina whenever we get together.

Thanks Shel!
michelew wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:31 pm
Thanks for this Ness. It’s a beautiful song.

I actually don’t really know this band. You’ve inspired me to check out their music more.

Thanks teach.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic