If You're Not The One by Daniel Bedingfield

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:38 am

If You’re Not The One is a very successful hit single by New Zealand-British singer-songwriter Daniel Bedingfield. It was released in 2002 as the 3rd single from his debut album ‘Gotta Get Thru This’. 

The song is in the key of Bb, and this lesson teaches how to play it in the key of G (Capo III). This results in relatively easy chords, and the option to even take it down a bit, in order to fit ones vocal range. 

We take a look at how to fingerpick through the song. The tempo is slow, and it’s a matter of just filling up the measures with a steady flow of mostly 16th notes, and some 8th notes. There is certainly no one way pattern for this, and it should come out a little different each time you play it. 

Of course one could also strum the song, which I like to do in the final chorus. 

A little challenge might be the syncopated chord changes, which appear at the ‘ah’ of beat 2. 

michelew

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:46 pm

TGNess,

Beautiful song choice for a lesson.

You sound.... fantastic - pulling at my heartstrings .... well as you always do. My first reaction to hearing this was... I’ve been away from the forum for too long.

Thanks teach.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 am

Wow.....i got sooooo much catching up to do, as in responding to your everlasting support. :shock: (slaps forehead again)

This song is so cheesy, but i just love it anyway, can't help myself. :lol: I really don't like those high notes though, impossible to reach and not worth the effort, so indeed rearranged it a little.

It was really great to get to it because of this wedding anniversary, and I thought it'd be a nice addition to Target.

Many thanks my friend! xo
michelew wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:46 pm
TGNess,

Beautiful song choice for a lesson.

You sound.... fantastic - pulling at my heartstrings .... well as you always do. My first reaction to hearing this was... I’ve been away from the forum for too long.

Thanks teach.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic