Runaway by The Corrs

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 am

Hi Everybody,
Today we bring you Vanessa's lesson on Runaway by The Corrs.

Runaway is the debut single by the Irish family band The Corrs, and appears on their 1st album ‘Forgiven, Not Forgotten’ (1995).

This lesson is entirely based on their acoustic performances and arrangement, and of course on how Jim plays it on guitar.

He does this with chord shapes in the key of D, where the guitar is capoed on the 3rd fret. The chords are for the most part relatively easy, but the Bm7, including transitioning to and from it, might be a challenge to some.

The arrangement is in 6/8 and strumming through it should be doable for everyone. In the first verse and pre-chorus Jim uses flatpicking which is a great technique to work on. We break it down thoroughly, even though it shouldn’t come out necessarily the same way each time.

Other than that, occasional hammer on’s, and a little ascending baseline from Em7 to G are in there too.

michelew

Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:28 pm

TGNess,

What a beautiful version of such a lovely song. I love everything you’re doing in there and even though it’s high for you, you sound great. ... as always. Love the 6/8 feel.

Nice choice!

X

Shel

TGNesh

Sat May 01, 2021 4:59 am

Haha, 6/8, yep I know, I love it too! :D

Great to hear you like my vocals on it anyway. I kiiiiinda get away with it i guess :lol: And I just love the Corrs, brother-sister bands are awesome!!
michelew wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:28 pm
TGNess,

What a beautiful version of such a lovely song. I love everything you’re doing in there and even though it’s high for you, you sound great. ... as always. Love the 6/8 feel.

Nice choice!

X

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic