Cliff Richard - The Young Ones

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Today's Lesson: The Young Ones by Cliff Richard

The Young Ones, recorded by Cliff Richard & The Shadows, is the title song to the 1961 film and its soundtrack with the same name. It was released as a single the following year and went straight to No. 1 in the UK Singles Chart, the first British single to do so. 

The arrangement is done in the key of G with relatively easy chords, and a straightforward progression, which should make it doable for every guitar player. 

Beginners could, of course, keep the strumming really simple, but the challenge for the ones who are already comfortable doing so would be to include a 'bounce'. This is a typically Shadows sound in my opinion, sometimes done by the drums, or the guitar, or both etc. 

It makes the song, along with the several 'breaks' throughout the arrangement, much fun to play. It certainly adds to ones rhythm guitar playing skills. 

michelew

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm

TGNess,

What a CUTE rendition of this boppy song. It really does feel like a 50’s song.

I was hearing a few Elvis influences in there too. :)

Nice on Ness.

X

Shel

David-TZZ

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Wow this one takes me back, it even pre-dates The Beatles so must be one of my earliest song memories..

Thx Ness...and it is great to see the strum bounce back !!

/ david.

TGNesh

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:25 am

My oh my, The Timezone Zombies, how awesome to hear from both of you!

Glad you guys dig the song too. Earliest song memories even. I love a little bit of 5o's and 60's every now and then. It makes me happy and joyful.

A bit of Elvis, the strum bounce.....yeah, it does sound like me. :D 8-)

Thanks so much you two, big hug!

xoxo Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic