On The Bus Mall by The Decemberists

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:36 pm

As requested a short time ago, we bring you On The Bus Mall, thanks to Vanessa.

On The Bus Mall, by The Decemberists, is taken from their 3rd studio album 'Picaresque' (2005 ). It's another one of those songs, which showcases frontman Colin Meloy’s incredible storytelling. 

Behind this moving story is an arrangement in the key of G. This should be doable for most guitar players.

We take a look at all the usual suspects, the chords, the strumming, and of course the progression, with all its little details. 

TGNesh

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 am

Admittedly, this is a much more relaxed version of me playing through the song. A whole step higher than Colin. Feels way better singing it too. Even a half step up, like in the official play through of this lesson, didn't feel right. Should've reconsidered on that. Wish I could do all my play throughs like this. :lol:

michelew

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 pm

I love that you posted this additional video Ness. You perform it so well

I don’t remember this one. I guess I should go and explore the Decemberists again.

Thanks sweetie.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat May 01, 2021 4:47 am

This is such an incredible song, the story is just.....I wouldn't know how to describe it. I've actually talked to Suzi who said it is actually her favorite, go figure. :)

I can't remember how i came up with this one, oh wait was it on the recommend a lesson list? :? Well i'm glad i did. :-)

Thanks sweet friend,

TGNess 8-)
michelew wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 pm
I love that you posted this additional video Ness. You perform it so well

I don’t remember this one. I guess I should go and explore the Decemberists again.

Thanks sweetie.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic