Devoted To You by The Everly Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:19 am

Vanessa's latest Everly Brothers lesson is up now - Devoted To You

Devoted To You is a song by country music and pop songwriting team and couple Felice and Boudleaux Bryant, who have written many songs for numerous artists.

The best-known recording was by The Everly Brothers. It was released in 1958 as the B-side of their single ‘Bird Dog’, but reached the charts on its own.

This lesson teaches a fingerpicking arrangement in the key of C (Capo IV). It is encouraged to vary it up, and for that we take a look at several ways of how to do so.

We also discuss a few techniques in order to transition from one chord to the other smoothly. This is in my opinion crucial for any finger picking song, no matter if it's an easy or a complex one. 

Personally I do like to play both the intro and outro in a way that sounds similar to the original recording, so we break that down as well.

michelew

Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:42 pm

TGNess,

Gorgeous rendition of this beautiful song. I ADORE the harmonies you’re doing in here it all sounds heavenly. WOW!

Note to Matt, Neil and the tech fairies: can you PLEEEEASE change the lesson suggestion fly in banners so they are NOT going across Vanessa’s head and other teachers’ faces. I find it really distracting and frankly it’s really irritating. Can you please instead use one of the vacant corners. Surely it could sit in the top right corner over Ness’s shoulder and provide the same info without breaking the mood and the messages Ness is providing.

Thanks

Michele

TGNeil

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am

Hey Michele,

Not sure where you are seeing the banners. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Neil

TGNesh

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:17 am

Thanks so much dear Shel, love to hear that!! xoxo
michelew wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:42 pm
TGNess,

Gorgeous rendition of this beautiful song. I ADORE the harmonies you’re doing in here it all sounds heavenly. WOW!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic