The High Strung Guitar - Scarborough Faire - Solo Arrangement

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 am

Hi Everybody,
Today we have a bit of a different lesson from Doug Young, a lesson on the High Strung Guitar, aka Nashville Tuning. Check out his take on Scarborough Faire.

In this lesson, we’ll explore a way to tune your guitar known as Nashville Tuning, or “High Strung.” A Nashville-tuned guitar can be played just like standard tuning, but because the lower four strings are tuned an octave higher, the tuning creates a unique sound. We’ll explore the tuning, strings needed, history, and look at example applications, including doubling rhythm guitar parts and playing a fingerstyle arrangement of Scarborough Faire.

David-TZZ

Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:54 am

Many thanks Doug, that is the best and most complete explanation of Nashville Tuning i have seen anywhere, even down to suggested strings to put on the guitar, and variations on the tuning used by different musicians over the years .

I read somewhere that Paul Simon has used a Hi-Strung guitar on many of his recordings, not as the main guitar but as a layer to enhance the sound. .. i am guessing that is the jangle you can hear on recordings around the time of There Goes Rhymin' Simon for example.

Thx again. / david

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic