Let It Be Me - Solo Guitar Arrangement

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Hi Folks,

This lesson was inspired a couple weeks ago by SFlier's Student Review, and after a couple detours (Donovan, The Carpenters...) it is good to go.

Originally a popular song in France, Let It Be Me, with the addition of English lyrics by Manny Curtis, became a hit for The Everly Brothers in 1960. Their trademark was close harmony vocals, mostly thirds and this lesson tries to capture both melodies separately before combining them in the last verse.

It is very important to have a clear handle on many things in this situation, starting with the chords progression but more important is the distinct melody lines. These are explained in the lesson but there is also room for improvisation in Section B particularly. Like most solo arrangements, the accompaniment, or more specifically the filler notes, do not have to be the same in every play through, as long as the melody comes out loud and clear.

sflier

Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:23 am

Great lesson, Neil. Thank you for putting in this effort - i really appreciate it. Lots to work on for me!

Steven

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic