Wasted Time by The Eagles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Today's new lesson from Vanessa is Wasted Time by The Eagles.

Wasted Time is the 4th track of The Eagles’ 1976 Hotel California album. It truly shows their versatility, and that they were far more than a one-trick pony group.

This lesson teaches a fingerstyle/strumming arrangement in the key of C.

We take a look at all the chords, which include several chords out of the key, many different inversions, and a couple of tricky stretches are in there too.

We break down a few fingerpicking patterns, even though it’s encouraged to never play it the same way twice, so to speak. As for the strumming, just keep it simple.

In the end, the focus should be on expressing the emotions of the song.

Craig

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:35 am

Vanessa,

Wow, Wow, Wow! Your play through was awesome! I think I will try to tackle this lesson... I'll have to recruit someone to sing it though.

Thank you for another great lesson!

Craig

familyman4

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 pm

I'm in for learning this one too! As you know, I am a huge Eagles fan and this is such a beautiful song. And Craig is correct, your playthrough is stellar! Your vibrato is great in all the right places and the guitar work makes it looks effortless. So impressed!!!

Miss seeing you in person. Come visit!
Bart

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:07 am

Vanessa

Looks like a great lesson, it's a brilliant song.

I like the Last Resort

:D

TGNesh

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:11 am

Hey guys, so awesome to hear from you and with such generous compliments too!!

Craig: You sure made me smile Craig, wow....thanks so much! :) Absolutely loved to hear it. If you learn to play it, then you can accompany me when I get to your place. :D I still have a little bit of a tiny hope to come over this year, depending on vaccines, and admittedly finances too. We'll see. Thanks again my friend!

Bart: Great to hear from you too Bart, gotta love your compliments! As i mentioned to Craig, if it does work out this year, then of course I'll do the San Diego/Phoenix trip. Would love to see you in person too!

Dermot: Many thanks Dermot, good to hear from you! Brilliant song for sure, and the Last Resort maybe even a tad more (in my opinion). I absolutely love it, the Hell Freezes Over-version that is. :)

michelew

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:27 pm

TGNess,

DAMN!!! Gosh you sound good. I’ve got tears welling up in my eyes from listening to your play through... I don’t quite know how you do it, but you really do justice to this beautiful sad song.

Simply wonderful.

Your fan.

Xx

Shel

TGNesh

Sat May 01, 2021 4:42 am

You're the sweetest Shel!!

Back in the day, like over 25 years ago i bought, well actually my dad did, my very first digital multi-track recording workstation. (Roland VS880) and I think this was the very first song that i recorded. Funny enough, everything is in there, piano, bass, drums, strings, vocals, harmonies, but no guitar. :D So I finally got to it now. :lol:

Admittedly, it's way easier to play on piano. : ;) But oh well, at least i got a choice now.

Thanks so very much my friend, loved to read your comments and compliments! xoxo
michelew wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:27 pm
TGNess,

DAMN!!! Gosh you sound good. I’ve got tears welling up in my eyes from listening to your play through... I don’t quite know how you do it, but you really do justice to this beautiful sad song.

Simply wonderful.

Your fan.

Xx

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic