Amy Macdonald - This Is The Life

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Fri May 14, 2021 6:12 pm

Hey Folks,
Today we have This Is The Life by Amy Macdonald

Amy Macdonald is a Scottish singer-songwriter, who has sold over 12 million records worldwide.

This Is The Life, taken from her debut album (2007) with the same name, became a major hit all around Europe and is her most successful single to date.

This lesson teaches the song in the original key, C#m, which is how Amy plays it. One could also play it in the key Am, where the guitar is capoed on the 4th fret, making it a little easier.

We take a look at the uptempo strumming, including alternating bass notes to somewhat copy the bass player when she performs with a band. By herself she sometimes adds a little percussion, by squeezing and releasing the strings. 

The progression couldn’t be more straightforward. All in all, a sweet and short lesson.

Lisa.C

Fri May 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Wow Vanessa,

I have never heard this song, Fantastic song and I can't wait to see all parts of your lesson. Thanks so much!! :D Super catchy! All smiles here!

Lisa

TGNesh

Sat May 15, 2021 7:04 am

Believe it or not, but i l had literally thought of you when preparing this lesson. I think it'd fit you like a glove!

Awesome to hear you like it!!!
Lisa.C wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:01 pm
Wow Vanessa,

I have never heard this song, Fantastic song and I can't wait to see all parts of your lesson. Thanks so much!! :D Super catchy! All smiles here!

Lisa

michelew

Sun May 16, 2021 2:05 am

TGNess,

Sounds like s cool lesson. Thanks

I hadn’t heard of this either, nor Amy.

Thanks for bringing her to our attention as well.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic