Linda Ronstadt - Long, Long Time

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:59 pm

Hey Folks,
A little while ago, as a student was learning this song, I went to TG to get my chart for the lyrics and realized I had never gotten to a real lesson on Long, Long Time by Linda Ronstadt. It got bumped to the top of the list and it is live now.

In 1970 Linda Ronstadt's career hadn't quite been rolling along until her second solo album, Silk Purse was released and Long, Long Time hit the airwaves. The song was penned by Gary White and Linda picked it as exactly what she had been looking for. Although a few other artists have covered it, it will always be one of her signature songs.

The guitar accompaniment is easily done with arpeggio patterns and a few passing bass notes. The lesson is presented in the key of G, but Linda's recording was in A, by using a capo at the second fret. It goes over the progression, the arrangement, and really pushes modifying and varying the patterns every time you run through it.

And just for another take on it...

heithoff

Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Neil, doesn't this song cry out for an instrumental! I hope others agree. I love this song. I hope you will bless us with an instrumental. I will be patiently watching and waiting for it "for a long, long time."
If it doesn't happen I will have to be satisfied with a lyric in the song..."'Cause I've done everything I know to try and change your mind"...Thank you!!!!
Dave H.

TGNeil

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Hey Dave,

No need to worry, this is definite;y in the works.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic