Crazy Love by Poco

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:40 pm

Hey Everybody,
Today we add Crazy Love to our Poco library.

Crazy Love was the only number 1 hit Poco had, even after 10 years together when the released the Legend album in 1978. By then the band was down to just Rusty Young and Paul Cotton. Rusty wrote this catchy tune and it convinced the record company to keep them around for a few more.

The song is a simple 3-chord progression but features some nice, light flatpicking with one signature lick, as well as great harmonies. This lesson goes over the strumming, the arrangement, and includes a short segment on working the melody into the strumming.

David_M

Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:10 am

Awesome Lesson !!!!

As a beginner, I am always looking for ways to add new songs - especially classic songs that I grew up with.

Oddly enough, this song lined up great with the song that I'm currently focused on learning "Kiss Me - by Six Pence None the Richer" in that it uses the same chords with the capo in the same position.

Crazy Love seems like a great place to start examining the details of picking out melody - as you touched on in Part 4 of the lesson.

I would very much like to see the write up of the melody line you showed during this part of the lesson.

TGNeil

Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Hey David,

Good suggestion and I had added the melody to the tab for a verse and the chorus. Download the updated copy and let me know how it goes.

Neil

David_M

Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:23 am

Neil,

I downloaded the new TAB and it's wonderful. Thank you for putting so much detail into it.

David

TGNeil

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Thanks and glad to hear it. Any chance you might upload a video of it as a work in progress?

Neil

David_M

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 am

I’ll consider it, but I totally SUCK (and not in a good way).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic