More George Harrison - All Thing Must Pass

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:40 pm

So this George Harrison kick has been fun, taking some time to revisit one of my favorite albums from my teen years, All Thing Must Pass. I hinted last week that a different song was in the queue but the title tune grabbed me instead. Here is a lesson on All Things Must Pass.

All Things Must Pass is the title song from George Harrison’s 1970 album that included about 20 songs that he had written over the previous few years. There was obviously not room on Beatles albums for this spectacular binge of creativity, so he decided it was time for a solo album. Of course, My Sweet Lord was the big hit from the album, but the deeper cuts offer some great tunes for guitar players to work on.

This song only uses a handful of easy chords, and the lesson includes looking at some of the theory involved, as well as some strumming variations as you run through the four main chords.

davesnothere

Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:42 am

Neil may want to use this nice lesson by "Shut Up and Play" as inspiration for doing a lesson on Harrison's Run of the Mill. I've been using the main riff as kind of an exercise. Very pretty and not as hard as it may look.

TGNeil

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:43 am

Thanks Dave,

It looks pretty well covered there so I may not get to that one.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic