Dear Mrs. Applebee by David Garrick

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:11 pm

Hey Everybody,
We have a new lesson from Nesh - the 1960s pop hit by David Garrick, Dear Mrs. Applebee. The original was mainly ukulele and the lesson goes into that as well as a fairly easy guitar part.

David Garrick was an English singer who was best known for his 1966 pop hit single ‘Dear Mrs. Applebee’.

It is with only four chords and an easy strumming pattern, the perfect beginners song.

We break it all down on both the ukulele as well as the guitar. For the latter you even have two options, the key of G and the key of D (Capo V).

As mentioned, the strumming is easy and straightforward, but should be done with swing feel. This comes natural to some, but not so much for others. It’s certainly worthwhile to get the hang of since it turns up in many songs.

So all in all, this is a cute little song and should be doable for literally everyone.

Craig

Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:31 am

Nesh,

Great to see you!
I appreciate all of the detail that you always put into your lessons! I've been contemplating picking up the Ukulele lately, so this lesson is perfect timing and has inspired me to quit talking about it and actually do it!

Craig

TGNesh

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:46 am

Love to hear that, many thanks! Now go and get 'em! :D

TGNesh 8-)
Craig wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:31 am
Nesh,

Great to see you!
I appreciate all of the detail that you always put into your lessons! I've been contemplating picking up the Ukulele lately, so this lesson is perfect timing and has inspired me to quit talking about it and actually do it!

Craig

michelew

Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:40 pm

Very cute Nesh. :)

TGNesh

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:14 am

:D Thanks Shel, cute is fun!
michelew wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:40 pm
Very cute Nesh. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic