Killing Me Softly - Solo Arrangement from Max

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Wed May 03, 2023 11:38 pm

Hey Gang,

I have been spending quite a bit of time lately going through our catalog of lessons, basically taking inventory and organizing things, and have been surprised by finding quite a few lessons from our sister sites that have not been published for some reason. Over the last few week we released some vocal and keyboard packs and now I have been digging through lessons from Max Rich, originally done for Totally Electric Guitars.

Here we have a solo arrangement he did of Killing Me Softly, a piece I have been meaning to get to for years. I have to say I think he did a great job making a straightforward arrangement that should be playable for students with a little bit of fingerstyle or classical familiarity.

Roberta Flack made this song an all time R&B classic over 30 years ago, and it’s still just as popular and relevant as ever. In this lesson we tackle a solo arrangement of Killing Me Softly, which will take us on an exploration of melody, harmony and rhythm. By learning and analyzing each part of these three musical elements separately, you’ll be able to fully understand not just how to play this song, but how to craft your own arrangements using the same guitar techniques and harmonic ideas we discuss in this lesson.