Something Stupid by Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:43 am

Hey Everybody,

Nesh has put together a lesson on a remake of a Sinatra classic, Something Stupid, which includes a Play Through with Corina.

Something Stupid is a song written and recorded by C. Carson Parks. It became a major international hit for Frank and his daughter Nancy Sinatra in 1967. In 2001 a cover version by British artist Robbie Williams and Australian actress Nicole Kidman became a hit as well.

This lesson teaches how to play the song in the key of G as how Williams and Kidman recorded it.

We also take a look at the key of D, where the guitar is capoed on the 2nd fret. This puts everything in the absolute key of E which is how the Sinatra's did it.

Both keys use relatively easy chord shapes and an easy strumming pattern. To dress it up a bit, we also break down a little tricky 'bounce' for the latter.

Craig

Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:37 pm

Wow! How GREAT to see you two together again! Of course, you both sound wonderful as usual!
Nesh, your lesson is thorough and detailed as always. I probably won't tackle this one since I'm not a singer but always something to learn in TG lessons!

Craig

crieniecat

Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:16 am

Thank you Craig! Lovely to hear you liked it so much.
Hugs coming your way mister! ;)

Smiles all over,
Corina

TGNesh

Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:54 am

Thanks so much Craig, always love to hear from you!

And i'm glad there is always something in there to learn regardless of whatever.

Some lovely compliments, big hug, Nesh
Craig wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:37 pm
Wow! How GREAT to see you two together again! Of course, you both sound wonderful as usual!
Nesh, your lesson is thorough and detailed as always. I probably won't tackle this one since I'm not a singer but always something to learn in TG lessons!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic