REO Speedwagon joins the TG Catalog with Keep On Loving You

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:32 pm

Hey Folks,

REO Speedwagon was huge in the US during the 1970s and we are thrilled to add Keep On Loving You to our library.

Keep On Loving You is a soft rock power ballad by American rock band REO Speedwagon. It appeared on their 1980 album 'Hi Infidelity' and turned out to be a great success.

This lesson is entirely based on how Kevin Cronin, the lead vocalist, occasionally performs it on guitar. He plays it either in the key of C, or A (Capo III), usually tuned down a half step in more recent years. We take a look at both.

Most of the chords are relatively easy and also the strumming isn't necessarily hard, but there is a lot of syncopation throughout the arrangement, with accents on off beats, or when changing chords. This can be challenging and tricky if you're still working on timing in general.

guitardude7

Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:26 am

I've been a member off and on for a very long time. Currently not a paying member, but had to purchase this lesson and the one for Can't Fight This Feeling. What a great band. I got into them when they put out their greatest hits double record album A Decade Of Rock 'N' Roll. I believe it came out right before their Hi Infidelity album. I loved their more earlier, hard rock style, but these songs were great too. Plus, you're a great teacher. Thanks for the lessons!

Steve

guitardude7

Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:21 pm

Would love some more REO. Take It On The Run and Time For Me To Fly are great on acoustic guitar.

TGNesh

Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:53 am

Many thanks Steve! Sure glad folks out there like the addition of some REO. I'll check out your other suggestions, thanks again!

Nesh
guitardude7 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:26 am
I've been a member off and on for a very long time. Currently not a paying member, but had to purchase this lesson and the one for Can't Fight This Feeling. What a great band. I got into them when they put out their greatest hits double record album A Decade Of Rock 'N' Roll. I believe it came out right before their Hi Infidelity album. I loved their more earlier, hard rock style, but these songs were great too. Plus, you're a great teacher. Thanks for the lessons!

Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic