Crosby, Stills & Nash - You Don't Have To Cry

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:32 am

Here we have another Stephen Stills tune in Double Dropped D Tuning - You Don't Have To Cry from their 1969 debut album.

You Don't Have To Cry is a Stephen Stills song that really brought the three superstars together and start a band. It was featured on their eponymous debut album in 1969. The accompaniment featured Stills' fingerpicking/fingerstrumming technique backing up the three part harmony that came to define their sound.

The guitar is tuned to Double Dropped D, with both 'E' strings tuned down a whole step. The lesson goes into a few different approaches to the guitar part, even including some of the fills that Stills added in overdubbed parts.

abasile60

Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:44 am

Thanks so much much for posting "You Don't Have to Cry" - probably my favorite CSN(Y) tune. Don't know how many times I've thought about requesting it and, voila! Here it is.

One-part arrangements for YDHTC have been hard to find. They're often overly complex with erratic patterns . I've latched onto this one nicely. Very satisfying. Thank you Neil and TG!

Allan

TGNeil

Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:24 pm

Allan,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you found it!

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic