REO Speedwagon - In My Dreams

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:17 pm

Hey Folks,

Nesh has put together a new lesson on In My Dreams by REO Speedwagon.

In My Dreams is a song by American rock band REO Speedwagon, from their twelfth studio album 'Life As We Know It' (1987).

The bands front man Kevin Cronin very often plays the song by himself with just him singing and playing the guitar. This lesson is entirely based on how he performs it.

He uses shapes in the key of A, including a few barre chords. Nowadays he often tunes his guitar a half step down.

As for the right hand, he does a combination of flatpicking and strumming, which could be a little challenging for some.

Of course we take a close up look at both hands and once you got the hang of those, playing through the song should be doable for most guitar players, since it's really straight forward.

guitardude7

Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:30 am

Very cool lesson and a song of theirs I actually never heard but is certainly a great one. I had their best of album A Decade Of Rock And Roll as a kid and of course when Hi Fidelity came out they played 4 or 5 songs from that on the radio. Would love to have you do Time For Me To Fly sometime as well. I've seen it tabbed in Drop-D and in Open D but I haven't really been able to get it down. I know your teaching style would help me nail it. Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic