Tab tools or chord tools for the forum?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
richardk

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Seems like a tall order but maybe it is possible to provide a method of adding some chord fingerings to forum posts? You know, a little tool that looks like a fretboard where you can place some dots and circles and x's (or numbers) to visualize chord fingerings or scale positions.
Or maybe somebody knows a site where they let you do those things and export them or link to them or something so they would show up in a post on this forum here? Either would make my life easier if I wanted to explain something (see pentatonic scales thread for the hardships I have to endure...) :(
Any suggestions?

6string

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:39 pm

maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why not just do it in text like
the standard C in 1st position would be x32010 ?

rcsnydley

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

There is the option of attaching files and/or images to your post as long as they are under 120kb. There are also some file format restrictions, but if you check the thread on pentatonic scales you can see how it worked for me.

Keep Playing
Ric

richardk

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:16 am

I've seen what you done there, and it's probably the best solution possible right now but I don't think it's ideal yet. I'd much prefer to insert diagrams in the text somehow, or at least attach them in a way that they can be seen straight away, without having to download them.

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:16 am

Some people are visual learners and txt doesn't work so well. I have a chord genertor on my Treo phone its Palm software so something might exist to do the job richardk wants

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic