Feedback on Studiocam lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
kipchris

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

In your email which led me to your Studiocam lessons, you directly asked the question "Do they help you?".

I've watched a few of them... with feelings of appreciation, and frustration. The wealth of information to be picked up while watching you teach another student is invaluable. It would be helpfull watching you work with somebody who is going through the same learning curve and the bits of information gleaned from the process.

Having said that... my frustration level build up increasingly due to the low quality of the video(especially given the supreme quality of your other lessons and the rest of totallyguitars.com). I'm not sure if it's your capture quality, or the compression process used in the conversion process in order to put them on the site.

I am not going to go on about this, because I appreciate so much the effort you undertake. Thank you so much for sharing with us and...

PLEASE!!!! keep up the fantastic work!!!

THANK YOU NEIL!!!

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:57 pm

I think these have a place on the site as long as it is in conjunction with videos lessons broken down as you have done so far.

rcsnydley

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:02 pm

They are an interesting supplement, but should never supplant the regular videos.

Keep Playing
Ric

rifraff812

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 pm

I love it when people get it!

Thanks,

Neil

kipchris

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:10 pm

I thought I'd 'aught to explain myself a little better so that nobody mis-understands me and thinks me a complete HEEL!! (i do LOVE THIS SITE!!!)

What I am experiencing while watching the videos is something similar to "stop action" with the sound out of sync. It looks like i'm seeing every 5 frame of the video. The audio is crystal clear, but about a 1/2 faster than the image. If nobody else is experiencing this, perhaps it's my connection and I'll shut up. I don't think so since the other lessons are playing just fine.

I don't doubt that these were meant as anything other than supplemental. But after watching a few of them (the "Ohio" ones seem to be better quality) I felt that there was helpfull material and just wished the quality was better.

Again...
1) I LOVE THIS SITE
2) I'm a web developer so i can appreciate how much EFFORT goes into this!!!
3) I've also done some teaching (web, not guitar) and feel a kinship with anybody who has the same type of "sharing" mentality and who's love of what they are doing is so appearent
4) Thank you Neil!!!!!!!!!! May you be continually be blessed with health, happiness and good fortune!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic