What Would You Pay to Learn Directly From Neil?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
leeson

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 am

I agree. I have thought alot about this over the last few days, trying to figure out if I would pay for this and if so how much. We're not even totally sure what we are getting, but if I had unlimited access to COMPLETE lessons online on my schedule, it may be worth $5-$10/month. More than that and I am looking elsewhere.

haoli25

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:42 pm

I think we have all learned that Neil is a very talented guitar player and judging by the FREE lessons we have all enjoyed and watching him in his one-on-one sessions with his students, we have found that Neil is also an excellent teacher.

I challenge anyone to go to an instructor in their town and ask them if you can "TRY, BEFORE YOU BUY". It AIN'T happening!

That is exactly what Neil has done with TOTALLY GUITARS, he has allowed all of us to "TRY BEFORE WE BUY". Nothing could have been more fair.

I wish Neil and his crew every success with the new T.A.R.G.E.T. program. I also hope he charges a competitive rate for the service and makes a fortune. I know he will turn out some great students too.

As for the rest of us, if there is to be a subscription fee to access other portions of TOTALLY GUITARS, SIGN ME UP NOW!

Thanks

steve36

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:55 pm

$30 seems to be the going rate for unlimited access to other pay-for-view websites that teach guitar lessons/theory as far as I have found on my travels on the web. Some have a sliding scale rate related to how much access you have eg $15 bronze, $20 silver and $30 for gold access.
I think we can safely assume that we are gonna get the same quality lessons that are up for free now but in full length songs and more in-depth theory of the song too.
Some sites give a price break for the longer you buy a subscription but then to have a years subscription at say $30 a month less 25% price break would be something like $270 a year, too me this would be a little too much to pay in one chunk.
I hope that Niel can find a balance between providing enough lessons for beginers, intermediate and advanced players and also the amount of lessons he can provide. He's only one man after all, thank goodness we have him
thanks Niel
Steve

Chuck McGourty

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:20 pm

I would like to see a pay per view fee structure similar to on-demand cable TV. The subsciber would pay a nominal monthly access fee (5.00 -10.00 for example)and be entitled to select specific lesssons from a menu and pay for each lesson individually. You could use the mini-lessons as a way for the subscriber to determine interest in the lesson prior to purchase.B) Image

hutz13

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:30 am

Chuck McGourty wrote:
I would like to see a pay per view fee structure similar to on-demand cable TV. The subsciber would pay a nominal monthly access fee (5.00 -10.00 for example)and be entitled to select specific lesssons from a menu and pay for each lesson individually. You could use the mini-lessons as a way for the subscriber to determine interest in the lesson prior to purchase.B) Image
Chuck, that's a great idea, for me I probably could only work on maybe one or two songs each month (due to limited time and playing ability) so it would make sense to only pay for what I'm actually using ... nice one. You gotta be smart since your sportin a pic of Pete!

Jim

rockey1

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 pm

I charge $20/half hour for home based lessons meaning you got to come to my home. I book my students every 40 minutes. That gives me a 10 minute window in case someone goes long or I need a break :) In Alberta Canada. Just info :)

What would I pay Neil?, that's a tuff one, beginners might pay $5 a lessons online, it's just not the same as in person.

rockey1

dmcgoldrick

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:12 am

there is professional instruction on the net for 2 dollars per week (104 dollars per year), full instruction downloads for a particular song for between 2 and 10 dollars...so there is plenty of choice. i think most people attracted to this site from You Tube come here for free lessons...there are lots of people now doing this and asking only for donations.......so neil will have a problem if he sets a high value with this marketing campaign, particularly as the credit crunch is world wide and hurting. applemac have now started the guitar lesson with the original artist pay per download.look at the quality of those and the low cost to see what neil is up against.........

steve36

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Anyone noticed the upgrade membership icon and the charge is there for monthly access
Steve

Now it's gone again:laugh:

6string

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:00 pm

steve36 wrote:
Anyone noticed the upgrade membership icon and the charge is there for monthly access
Steve

Now it's gone again:laugh:
I was about to reply and say at least one of us is nuts but then I saw your

now its gone :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic