Guitar Pro Files

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jim56

Sun May 10, 2009 9:24 am

Thanks, That got it done.

Jim

rcsnydley

Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 am

Just an FYI for anyone out there that is a songwriter like myself. Guitar Pro can be a very useful tool to write your music out. It allows you to include different instruments, add the lyrics and it prints out great lead sheets. With the export and save functions it also allows you to share your ideas with fellow band members or collaborators.

Keep Playing
Ric

AndyT

Sun May 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Guitar Pro will also import TEF-View TABs.
There is a bit of a learning curve, but its very much worth it.

You can get free Guitar Pro TABs here:
www.gprotab.net

I'm really glad Neil will be using GP for TABS.

jim56

Sun May 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Need some GPro help. I am working on arranging the Eagles' "Hotel California". The chorus is a consistent strum pattern; one chord for two measures, then a different chord for two measures, same strum pattern. What I am looking for is a symbol to insert in the measure to indicate "repeat last two measures strum pattern". Anyone know if such a symbol exists or is even used?

Lavallee

Sun May 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi Jim, Not sure if the symbol exists but you can insert a new bar (X2) where appropriate (from the edit menu), then copy/paste your strumming pattern in each bar. Probably not the best way but it works.

Marc

jamesbkline

Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Guitar Pro is definitely a good value, I agree, ( except when you want to add lyrics! :^)

Neil, the really cool thing about Gpro is we'd be able to "play along" and select section loops to use at different speeds with the tab. This feature has been a boon for me in learning new songs.

James

AndyT

Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 pm

You can add lyrics in GP pretty easily. It took me a bit to figure out, but once I had it, it was easy.
You have to add them in the Properties section of the score. Read the instructions and it will teach you the specific notations used to space everything correctly.

You can also have it show the rhythm in the score.

quincy451

Sat May 23, 2009 12:28 pm

You indicate guitar pro can import from a number of different formats include PDF. I can see from the import menu, power tab, ascii and some others but no PDF. How might you be doing this. It would be useful if the program did this for this site and others that publish music in pdf because then I could import and hit play to see if I want to go any farther with what is offered.

Thanks,

David Clark

Lavallee

Sat May 23, 2009 1:33 pm

The menu import does not show PDF. I think you can only export in PDF

Marc

rcsnydley

Sat May 23, 2009 1:40 pm

I believe you are right Marc. The export to PDF is as a lead sheet.

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic