Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 am

Fantastic quality

Full screen is DVD quality

Runs smooth

So many thanks to you guys

RicksPick

spags

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 am

yeah not gonna lie, the TARGET site is pretty stellar...

haoli25

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Congratulations Guys, fantastic job! The TARGET program is great. Well thought out, I really like it, it is well worth the money. Thank you.

BigBear

Tue May 05, 2009 12:18 am

Neil and Gang, you guys have really outdone yourselves. TARGET is easily the most well thought out, comprehensive and worthwhile guitar education program currently available. Nothing else even comes close.

The best part of TARGET and Totally Guitars is Neil's choice of songs is right out of my all-time favorites. ELP, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, all great bands and songs. I feel like a 55-year old kid in a toy store!

Like most guitarists I get inundated with everybody out there trying to sell a DVD or promote a new website. I'm bombarded by emails claiming they can make me into the next Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton. Natually, I was extremely skeptical of Totally Guitars. But TARGET has exceeded my expectations by a huge margin.

Maybe most important, and valuable, is Neil's infectious enthusiasm for his music and this website. I can only hope for the big things to come from this website in the future. I'm almost as excited as Neil!

Keep up the outstanding work and congratulations on a great start!!

ljocampo

Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Obviously the fan club above doesn't speak for everyone. I think the quality of target is not that good at this time. The site is so much of a bandwidth hog that TARGET will cease to exist for anyone, directly or indirectly, are facing ISP bandwidth caps.

For example, why does my browser need to download over 30 twitter page elements on every page load? I don't use twitter or even have an account with them. To make it worse the browser needs to fetch these elements from outside TG's domain. Also, why does the page design use so many graphic elements in PNG? These could be duplicated in CSS without the huge bandwidth hit.

You might think 300 or 400 KBs are not that big a deal, but when the browser needs to fetch it from the server every time the page loads, it add up very quickly, and you haven't even seen the video yet.

I'm going to give TARGET a chance to grow up technically, but it won't be worth 19.95/month if they don't realize that a video streaming site needs to economize bandwidth transfer. Mark my words, Flash and lazy Internet programming is going to kill Neil's dream.

spags

Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 am

Hi Everyone,

We have seen all of the comments and feedback and appreciate it. We are always looking to improve the site and ljocampo thanks for taking the time to point some of the opportunities we have to make TG better out to us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic