Mac issues

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jgmorten

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 am

Since enrolling in the Target Program, the video lessons take much longer to load and the video is choppy to the point of not being beneficial for learning. Has anyone experienced this problem?

samarks

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:55 am

I had some problems with the live Webcast last night with Safari. Try using Firefox instead, it worked fine.

Steven

samarks

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Yes! Every video and live stream is unwatchable on my DSL connection. I even downloaded Firefox and tried watching on ustream.net. Still no luck. Unfortunately I don't have any other options at this time. You are not alone!!

TG-Ronald

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Our Tech guys are looking at this to see what is causing this for some people and not others.

Thank you very much for your patience.

richardk

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Things work okay for me with Safari. I get bad access errors in Target but this seems to be a common problem that they are working on. Had no real problems with the webinar last night, but I didn't stay till the end. The only thing that was bothering me was that the chat was not scrolling down automatically.

But the log-in and bad requests issues are bothersome. I hope they get resolved soon now that people are actually paying for this.

Guitarmom

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:37 pm

I guess my questions would be:
1.) What type of Mac
2.) How much RAM
3.) What type of connection
4.) Airport or hardwired
5.) Speed of local network

I use a Macbook Pro 15", OS 10.5.6 with 3 Gig RAM and Firefox and it works fine I have even used my MacBook pro with a Sprint Aircard and it works just fine as well.

jgmorten

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:49 pm

I heard from TG support that the Target Program videos are high resolution and are problematic for some computers. They will be providing lower resolution soon. I have an older Mac (G4) running OS 10.4.11 with 512 ram and a reasonably fast ethernet DSL connection. I can watch the lower res. free videos (like Lucky Man) and had no problem with the webinar. In the meantime, I will try my luck with an intel Macbook.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Mac users...

There is a big difference in the video on TARGET and the free site. The TARGET videos are higher quality videos. That makes them bigger files to stream across the internet and to process on your computer. The current TARGET files require more computer power than the free site. We are releasing lower bandwidth videos this week that you should be able to play as they will be similar to the free site videos.

This does not seem to be a Mac issue but rather an overall computer resource issue to be able to play the current set of high quality TARGET vid's.

Also you will be able to go full screen with the new low bandwidth videos coming out.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic