Graded library Beginner/ Intermediate/ Advanced

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Rod

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 am

Hi Neil

I was thinking it might be helpful to add a category to each of the graded lessons eg.
for the beginner you have
* Beginner First Five
* Theory
* Tools
* Techniques
Maybe add a Beginner Library that will use the techniques and tools taught in the beginner section and likewise for the other two categories. I know some will cross over but then maybe have some songs in two categories. It might help keep the moral of new guitarist high because you know some people are going to just jump right in the deep end and we might loose them from the program.

rcsnydley

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 am

I believe your idea has great merit Rod. In navigating through the program I am sometimes wondering where to begin, what to try next and where do I belong. I think with a little guidance similar to what Rod is suggesting will go a long way to add a structure to the TARGET program rather than just a bunch of lessons.
Thanks for listening.

Keep Playing
Ric

richardk

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am

Yes, I really like this idea too. Some interlinkage between similar songs (in terms of technique) would be good, too, so that you get a better idea in which order to tackle the songs.

mmcg

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Neil,
So far I think the target program is great. I do have one suggestion however that I think would be a helpful to students. I like the way you have the song lessons broken up by band, however I would like to also see the song lessons divided into catergories of beginner, intermediate and advanced. I like the selections available but spend alot of time going through them all to see what I can "handle" at the moment. If these were catergorized by difficulty it may make the process of choosing which song to begin with easier and then the student can work their way up from there.

I just realized in a way I am saying the same thing as above! Oh well.

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:44 pm

I was just looking for a place to post the above ideas-- That is sub-categorizing the TARGET songs into beginner, intermediate or advanced.

Would make it much easier to know where to start.

Al

lavendercreek

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Yep, I'd find this really helpful too as a total beginner, I feel sort of lost, where to go next, what to do, what sort of a practice routine should I be doing, not just songs but other things too.

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 am

I think this is a great idea,I would like to see this happen...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic