Videos Stop Playing

Feel free to get outside the box here.
MWD

Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 am

Many target videos get going then all of a sudden stop downloading and just sit there. (I have a very powerful computer and super fast internet, so that is not the issue.) So it seems like there are still issues with the videos.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Otherwise, really love the site / target program.

map4242

Fri May 15, 2009 3:51 pm

There are many things that could cause what is happening to you, even with a powerful computer and fast internet connection.

The first to try (even with fast internet) is to start the video and then immediately pause it until fully loaded to your computer (you can see this on the progress bar).

The next fastest, easiest is to use FireFox for this website, if you aren't already. This is what I finally did. This site really does work better with FireFox.

You can have it install so that it is not your main browser and Internet Explorer can do everything else for you.

Don't import cookies or history or anything. Mine choked on them and I had to delete them anyway.

When you get to Totally Guitars, let it install the add-ons it wants to use this site.

I hope this helps.
Mark

MWD

Sat May 16, 2009 3:19 am

thanks, i am using firefox etc. like right now, i am trying to watch the lz video over the hills, the preview, but it just won't start. all the other videos however are working. pretty frustrating.

map4242

Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 am

I just checked out the Led Zeppelin preview videos you're having trouble with.
They played straight through for me.

I was having trouble getting the videos to play right when I first signed up. By trying 4 computers I had access to, I found that they work best with the suggestions I gave before and a computer with a dual core possessor and 2-3 gigs of ram. My single core 3.2 GHz with 1 gig of ram played them about like you describe, even though it would stream and play hi def TV shows just fine.

If your computer is up to the specs I've stated, I'd look for something stealing processor time in the background.
But, like I said, there can be many causes for what is happening to you.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic