How dose target work ?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
pineappletrain

Mon May 18, 2009 11:42 am

Hi everyone just joined and i am werry curius how it all works with target lessons and so on. Is it just that you get axess to more vids or is it more catigorised lessons so that you know which order you are supposed to play them and dont have to search for lessons. Or is it like the free videos where you have to search and find what it is yourselfe or do you get a lesson 1 so i get lesson after lesson as i complete them.

buddy

Mon May 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi,

You can find details on TARGET here: http://www.TotallyGuitars.com/playguitar

In there you will find a preview video showing parts of TARGET as well.

Thanks,
Mike

pineappletrain

Mon May 18, 2009 2:42 pm

ty wow it really looks good :D
one more thing the payment that you make every month can you stop it at any time and if you can how ?

AndyT

Mon May 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi,

Yes you can cancel your membership by using the support link at the top of each page and requesting cancellation.

Thanks,
Mike

bquinlan

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 pm

I still don't get it. I watched that video before. It doesn't tell you a thing about an initial evaluation: "how good am I and where do I start?" once I've started how do I determine I am capable of the "next level"? I have had enough of 100% "strumming, stumbling, fumbling...and doin' that again". I need some structure and direction to mix with the vision and inspiration. This is such an amazingly, well planned site...now, please just show me how I should be using all this.
thanks,
Bob Q.

bquinlan

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Since we are on the topic, I just noticed that all of the previous postings are from "9 months 1 week ago" Quite a rush of interest. Just a little lull since? Please don't tell me I'm the only one on this site.
thanks,
Bob Q.

dennisg

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Bob,

There are thousands of people in the Target program, making any kind of TG-controlled evaluation impossible. We evaluate ourselves. If you want to learn how to play the guitar better, start in with some lessons. If it seems too basic, jump ahead to a more advanced lesson. Same with music theory. Start at the beginning of the Acoustic Genius Series. If you already know some of it, jump ahead. If you think you're a beginner, and you want to learn how to play a specific song, jump in and watch a lesson for a song. If what it's asking you to do is well beyond your ability, find a song with a lower difficulty rating. This is a self-guided instruction site, and we all get around this site by determining our own level of competence and comfort.

Lavallee

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Hey Bob welcome to TG from Montreal Canada, don't worry there are a lot of people here :) . Actually if you use the link `please introduce yourself, you can tell us about yourself and your musical taste. Beside what Dennis was pointing you can ask questions in the forum and there will always be someone to help.

Marc

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/84- ... rself-here

AndyT

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:10 pm

You determine what your level is by starting with Neil's basic beginner lessons and work up from there. Once you have completed them you have the choice to learn any one of the other lessons he has posted. It is reccomended that you learn them in the general order they are rated in. Look at the Master Menu for the difficulty ratings.

Lavallee

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Bob do not forget to attend the live show tomorrow 12PM PACIFIC time. Click on the link below for the instructions on how to attend. If you are not sure ask questions.

Marc

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/37- ... c-time-220

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic